I've been meaning to get up more night time eye looks but it is so hard to get photos of them. Firstly because I nearly always wind up being late and don't have time to snap a few pictures or else it's too dark by the time I'm ready and and I can't take decent pictures!
However, with it being the start of Summer and the nights are brighter for longer, I managed to get some photos! These are from one of the nights over the june Bank Holiday weekend.
I don't shy away from wearing amped up eyes during the day and night time is no difference, I like to make it quite extreme.
I rarely have a plan for what my night out eyes will look like, other than what I won't wear i.e. if I'm wearing a royal blue dress I'm not going to wear lots of blue eyeshadow! I usually just spread out a load of eyeshadows in front of me and just pick and mix.
This particular eye look turned out dark but I was really happy with it.
To get this look I:
- Used Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
- Applied MAC Paintpot in Nubile from lid to brow
- Placed NARS Lhasa all over lid
- I used MAC Black Tied to 'cut' a line in the outer v and above the crease
- I filled in that outer v and crease area with Black Tied and blended
- I blended a tiny bit of Urban Decay Naked between the Black Tied and brow area
- I ran a small bit of Urban Decay Jet on the outer lid
- Then I used Urban Decay Half-Truth to blend out from the outer lid to the middle of the lid
- I used Urban Decay Omen on the inner quarter of the lid
- MAC Shroom was used on the brow bone/area
- I used MAC eye pencil in Heirloom on the inner part of the eye and half way along the lower lash line
- Maybelline Gel Eyeliner was used on the upper lash line, to tightline and smudged out on the outer half of the lower lashline
- Mac Eye pencil in NC15/NW20 was used on the lower waterline
- Finally YSL Faux Cils mascara was applied.