Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My First Stila Eyeshadows


I don't think I've heard a lot about Stila eyeshadows, apart from Kitten, but after seeing this post on the Stila Jewel Eyeshadows by Scrangie (it's not only nail polish that she forces me to buy:( ) and subsequently seeing them for sale on Asos, I knew I had to try them.



The two eyeshadows I got were Black Diamond and Citrine.  They are quite large eyeshadows, about a 1/3 bigger than the MAC ones.

Black Diamond and Citrine (Heavy Swatches)
I really like the pigmentation of these shadows, they do create an intense colour. Black Diamond is not as black as I would like, it is more of a grey black but I think that is found with a lot of black eyeshadows. The formula of them is very soft and they are easy to apply.

I created a look with each of the colours to show them in action.

Black Diamond





To get this look I:
  • Applied Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original 
  • Used MAC Paintpot in Bare Study all over the lid
  • Applied NARS Lhasa e/s all over the lid
  • Used Stila Black Diamond in the outer v and crease
  • MAC Eye pencil in Heirloom was used in the inner corner and along the lower lash line
  • MAC e/s in Shroom was used on the brow bone
  • Maybelline Gel eyliner was placed above the upper lash line
  • Finally YSL Faux Cils mascara was applied.

Citrine





To get this look I:
  • Applied Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
  • Used MAC Paintpot in Indianwood all over the lid
  • Placed Stila Citrine all over the lid
  • Used a small bit of MAC e/s in Antiqued in the outer v, crease and lower lashline
  • Applied MAC e/s in Amber Lights on the inner part of the lid
  • MAC e/s in Brule was used on the brow bone.
  • Maybelline Gel eyeliner was used on the upper lash line
  • Finally YSL Faux Cils mascara was applied.
Have you tried any Stila eyeshadows?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...