Saturday, October 15, 2011

MAC Posh Paradise Mini Haul and Swatches!

 

Posh Paradise is one of the many new MAC collections that I was really excited about.

It was released last Thursday here in Ireland and I was going to be in Dublin that weekend so I planned to pick up a few bits from MAC while I was there. Unfortunately, for a couple of different reasons I won't be in Dublin until next weekend now, which would have been 2 weeks after the initial launch date.
I love the colourful paint pots that come with this collection and as they are limited edition I was afraid they would be sold out by the time I was able to get into BT's.
This was a really long way of telling you that I ended up ordering a few items over the telephone. (BT's don't have an online store and MAC UK won't ship to R.O.I.)

I've never ordered over the phone from them but I wouldn't have any hesitation in doing it again or recommending it to anybody.

A very easy and efficient service was received. I rang on the Friday and I had my goods on Tuesday. P&P was €5 and it was registered post so I had to sign for it, still a lot easier than a courier though. (Those of you who live in the middle of the countryside share my pain with directing couriers!!)
One heads up is that they don't take Laser (they wouldn't take Visa Debit) over the phone, only credit cards, no idea why, I'm going to double check if this is the case when I'm there next weekend. Apart from that, a brilliant service.

Phew, after that I'm finally getting on to the actual paint pots!!!

I only got 3 but if there's still some left next weekend I'll probably pick up another one or two.
I bought Genuine Treasure, Pure Creation and Imaginary.


                                   


                                    


                                    

Pure Creation is a mid-tone blue with no hints of green.
Imaginary is deep blue-based violet purple.
Genuine Treasure is a gold bronze that is slightly gritty and patchy due to the glitter.

They are so so pretty and I can't wait to use them. I'm looking forward to seeing how GT translates onto the eyelid, hopefully it will not be disappointingly gritty. I was so busy all week that I only got the chance to swatch them this morning but I'm looking forward to playing with them!

I think coloured paint pots are fantastic and I can't understand why MAC doesn't keep them in the permanent line.

Have you tried anything from the Posh Pardise collection?



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...