Friday, April 20, 2012

Some Blush/Highlighter Hybrids

When I was gathering my highlighters for this post, I realised I have a number of products that are too blush toned to be considered true highlighters, yet have enough of a sheen to be much more than a blush. 

L-R MAC MSF in Redhead, NARS Illuminator in Orgasm and Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Pink Quartz.

This is what I call my hybrids. Sometimes I use them over a blush to give that extra oomph and other times I just use them alone to give a slight colour but to also highlight. They can be a quick go-to product.


L-R Redhead, Orgasm, Pink Quartz

MAC MSF in Redhead: This was a MSF that I heard a lot about and when it was re-released with the Naturally collection this year I made sure to pick it up. Made up of a trio of shades, it creates a soft, bronzed toned red with a strong sheen.

NARS Illuminator in Orgasm: This is my only liquid highlighter. It is quite golden toned and has a satiny finish.

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Pink Quartz: Probably the most pigmented hybrid. There is a lot of browns in it but a light sweep will create a glowing effect.

Do you have any of these types of hybrids? Any further recommendations? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...