I know in the States they have a much wider shade range but I think there are around 6-8 shades available in Ireland/UK. My local Boots never has more than 4 shades on display so I'm not entirely sure! Anyway when I spied Pink Gold for sale I snapped it up straight away. I hadn't heard of this shade previously and there doesn't seem to be a lot of information on it floating around the internet so it must be relatively new. It also doesn't seem to be available in the USA on any of the sites I checked even under a different name as Maybelline seem to like changing the names of the Colour Tattoos as they make their way across the water!
Pink Gold is a very delicate, soft pink with a slight gold shade. It will make a incredible base colour for so many eye looks but here I just used other pink eyeshadows to help create a sweet, light look.
To get this look I:
- Applied UDPP in Eden all over the lid.
- Then applied Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold all over the lid area.
- I packed MAC Paradisco eyeshadow over that.
- I used MAC Expensive Pink in the crease.
- MAC Brulé and Shroom were used on the brow bone and as highlights.
- MAC Eyeliner in Handforged was smudged on the lower lash line.
- MAC Eyeliner in NC15/NW20 was used on the lower water line.
- Maybelline Gel Eyeliner was used to line the upper lash line.
- Finally I applied Maybelline Illegal Length mascara.
Have you tried the Maybelline Colour Tattoo Eyeshadows?