Saturday, December 10, 2011

Bath and Body Works Product Overview


Well this post has been quite a while in the making! I am finally getting around to posting about the Bath & Bodyworks products that I bought in San Francisco all the way back in the summer! 

I had heard so much about B&BW products before I went to the States, so to say that I was excited about visiting the shop is an understatement! It just so happened that the shop I worked in was in a mall with a B&BW nearly right beside the shop I worked in. (And yes I did apply for a job in B&BW!) So I ended up in B&BW most days! It was actually a while before I bought anything because I knew I would be limited with the amount I could bring home with me so I wanted to make sure it was stuff I would be very happy with. So many a happy wander was taken into the store where I smelled the huge array of products. I swear there is something in there to suit everybody!  

Everything seemed to be at a very decent price point (I can't remember off-hand exactly how much everything was) and there was always offers on.

Now onto the products!

Hand Sanitizers

The ones I got are - Island Nectar, Sweet Pea, Fresh Lavander, Midnight Pomegrante and Fresh Water. These are small hand-bagged sized and while it will still take me a while to go through them all, I always like to have one with me - you never know when you'll get stuck somewhere manky. 

Body Lotions 

I got 3 minis and 1 full sized. 

Sweet Pea, Cherry Blossom and Dark Kiss

Full size Twilight Woods

The body lotions are lovely. They sink in very quickly and they're not sticky or greasy, they are very lightweight. It's a great wear to layer scents obviously, if you are so inclined. The scent does linger for quite a while especially the heavier scented ones like Dark Kiss. 
These aren't the most moisturising of body lotions, and I certainly wouldn't stop using my Holy Grail moisturiser in favour of them, but I do use them to complement my usual moisturiser. 

Shower Gels
Cherry Blossom and Dark Kiss

These lather very well and don't need much product to do so, therefore they do last a good while. I haven't found them to dry out my skin or anything. The scent is quite strong which I like. Dark kiss is my favourite, it smells kind of like blackberries.

Body Sprays
Dark Kiss and Twilight Woods

The sprays are full-size and come in generous sized bottles. The scents that I chose would be heavier scents - not as light or sweet as a lot of the B&BW scents. With these I found that the scent doesn't last long at all. The scent of the body lotion lasted way longer! This why you can buy the same scent in absolutely everything I imagine, to layer it so that it lasts longer than an hour lol!

Candles
 
Lilac Blossom, Fresh Bamboo, Leaves

I knew I had to buy Leaves, it is probably the most talked about B&BW candle, and yes it does smell fabulous! All the candles are very well-scented and burn time is very good. They had a good selection of different sized candles. Alas there was no point me buying the huge 3-wick candles which I really really wanted but I knew that they could set my baggage allowance over the limit (remember I had 3 months worth of stuff to bring home!!) So I settled for the smallest jar size, which is just the next size up from the sampler size.

So I've had these since the end of the summer and i have to say, as a whole, I love the Bath & Body Works products. I've been rationing everything as I know once I use them up it could be ages before I can get them again:(

I've already emailed B&BW customer service to find out if they have plans to open up any stores internationally. I did this after seeing that new stores had opened in the Middle East and Eastern Europe and I was hoping they would open in Western Europe, especially the UK (and here obviously, but realistically there's more chance of a UK store) especially seeing as we got Forever21 but the reply I got said there were no current plans to open a store here but that you never know what could happen in the future.

So we will just have to do with B&BW products remaining a US treat for us for the time-being! 

Scent Descriptions
Dark Kiss A tempting blend of black raspberry, Mirabelle plum, amber, dark vanilla bean and sensual balsam.

Twilight Woods Apricot Nectar, mimosa petals and Tuscan cypress combine to create this hypnotic fragrance inspired by a romantic walk in enchanted woods.

Sweet Pea Sweet pea petals and watery pear with freesia, fresh raspberry and soft delicate musk.

Cherry Blossom A bright floral reminiscent of Spring's first blossom's bathed in soft sunlight.

Fresh Bamboo A fresh blend of golden bamboo, night-blooming jasmine and wild grasses.

Lilac Blossom Lilac blossom infused with lingering muguet, luscious heliotrope and sweet violet.

Leaves Autumnal notes of golden nectar, juicy mandarin and red delicious apple are paired with toasted cinnamon stick, mulled cider spices and freshly harvested red berries.

Have you tried B&BW products? Are you in love like me or do you think they're over-hyped?

(Just in case you want to have a gawk Bath & Body Works)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...