Friday, February 4, 2011

NYX Jumbo Pencils

Ok, so I know that these jumbo pencils have been done to death but I'm going to write about them anyway!

When I first started reading blogs and watching beauty youtube videos I was intrigued by these pencils that the Americans kept using. I had never heard of NYX but they kept raving about how the pencils were so cheap and so pigmented and I was just itching to try them out.

I was so disappointed when I found out that we can't buy them over here or in the U.K. but a little bit more investigating led me to Amazon, woot! For my first order I had to try Milk as this seemed to be the most go-to colour and I also went for Bronze as I felt it would look good for a neutral eye.

They were delivered pretty quick and I wasn't disappointed with them. They were very soft and easy to blend. The bronze was lovely to use over eyeshadow without even blending.
Probably one of the best things I found about them was that they really get your eye-makeup to stay put ALL day. No joke, I found it was as perfect at night as it was when it was put on early in the morning.
It also held it's own on a night out, it was wonderful going into the bathroom after a session on the dancefloor and seeing that my makeup was where it was supposed to be and not halfway down my cheeks! (That sounds like I'm usually really bad at applying makeup, lol!)
Combine them with Urban Decays Primer Potion and your eye makeup ain't going anywhere!!

After I had tested them out, I decided to buy a few more as there is such a variety of colour that they can be used as part of nearly any eye look.

The other colours I got were: Cottage Cheese (A silvery white), Oyster (A light sheer pink), Slate ( A dark grey almost black), Gold (A coppery yellow), Iced Mocha (A bright mink brown) and Purple (Generic purple).







                                L-R Milk, Cottage Cheese, Oyster, Gold, Slate, Iced Mocha, Purple and Bronze



So there you have it, the NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencils.

Do you use the NYX Jumbo Pencils? Whats your favourite colours?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...