Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Review: Revlon PhotoReady Foundation

This was the foundation that I bought in my 'necessities haul'.
I've been using a Bobbi Brown foundation since the summer, which I have found wonderful but unfortunately there is no Bobbi Brown counter near me and when I ran out of it, obviously I needed to replace it with something!

My local pharmacy had an offer on Revlon foundation, €14.50 instead of the rrp of  €19.95.  I had never tried a Revlon foundation before but I was willing to go out of my comfort zone and give it a go.

It is a liquid foundation (which is what I always use for my primary foundation) and I have being using shade 003 Shell Coquillage. It is what I'd call a medium coverage foundation, which is certainly a change for me as most foundations that I have used are very light coverage. The application is good although on a few occasions I have felt that it is a bit 'masklike' both in feeling and appearance. However, I feel that this has happened because I've been a bit heavy-handed with the brush and is not a fault of the foundation itself.
It definitely lasts all day and I haven't experienced any flakiness on my cheeks which I'm prone to due to my dry skin.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with this foundation and I'll definitely finish the bottle. Would I buy again? At the moment I'm not sure. While I like the product, I don't think it's an absolute saviour of a foundation that I want to keep using forever. I'll see how I feel when I'm nearing the end of the bottle!lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...