Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Favourite Hair Products


I don't think I have ever done a proper hair care post so I thought I would start with my favourite hair products. These are all things that I use in the the process of drying and styling my hair.

L-R Umberto Giannini Volume Blow Dry Spray, Kérastase Nectar Thermique, Schwarzkopf Gliss Spray.

I use these first three products before blow-drying my hair

Umberto Giannini Volume Blow Dry Spray: I like to use this product first, just on my roots. I find that as my hair is quite long, the weight of it can cause very flat roots. By using this spray, I get enough lift to balance it all out.

Kératstase Nectar Thermique: This is a nourishing care leave in conditioner of sorts with heat protectant. A little goes a long way with this product. I use just a pea-sized amount, rub it between my palms and smooth it through my hair. I think I've had this bottle for nearly 2 years and it is still lasting well even though I use it every time I wash my hair, which is about 3 times a week.

Schwarzkopf Gliss: This is a liquid silk gloss spray treatment. It's purpose is to turn brittle, dull hair into hair as smooth as silk. I adore this product, it is probably my favourite out of all of them. The smell is gorgeous and it truly does leave your hair as soft and shiny as silk. I found this in a bargain basket in a pharmacy. I hadn't seen it before and I haven't seen it since. For this reason, I use it sparingly, usually only once a week. I definitely notice the difference in the shine of my hair when I use this. If you ever spy this product, buy it!!

L-R Aussie Dual Personality, Umberto Giannini Dry Shampoo, Bumble and Bumble Brilliantime.

Aussie Dual Personaility: This is a heat protectant spray, which I use before straightening or curling my hair with hot tools. It is the best heat protectant I've ever used. I tried so many over the years but this is the only one I've re-purchased. Some , like the GHD one made my hair sticky while others like Toni&Guys offering had the most overwhelming stench. This Aussie one is cheap, lasts for ages and smells like summer. It also helps to smooth your hair. Bonus.

Umberto Giannini Dry Shampoo: We've all heard the praise for Batistes dry shampoo. It's cheap and cheerful and does the job well. That's what I thought. It was the only dry shampoo I ever heard any thing about. So I bought it. And used it. And I even bought it a few times again. But I didn't really like it. I felt it was too powdery in my hair, even when I used the brunette tinted ones and the smell disgustingly overwhelmed and overpowered me. Finally fed up, I hunted an alternative down. I just wished I'd done it sooner. This Umberto Giannini one sprays through my hair in such a fine mist. It doesn't leave a powdery residue, instead just effortlessly freshens up my hair. The smell is light and doesn't linger for an eternity. Yes, it is dearer than Batiste but it is a bigger bottle. 

Bumble and Bumble Brilliantime: I like to use this usually on day old or day two old hair that has been straight. I rub it through the ends of my hair to give it a bit of definition and kick. The blurb on the bottle reads brilliantime is unique and hard to define. It gives hair polish and a sort of languid, slept-in, sexy look. So there.

And that is my 6 favourite hair care/styling products. Do you use any of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...