This is only something that I began to do a few months ago after seeing a number of YouTubers and bloggers doing it. Basically it's keeping all the daily make-up essentials together, for ease of use. I don't know how I didn't cop on quicker to do it myself but there you go.
So here is what I will use on any given day.
Overview of the little desk organiser I use for this purpose. (It's actually supposed to be used flat like the picture below but I prop it up this way so that it is like a little shelving system).
How it's supposed to be laid out.
The First Shelf
- In the first little compartment of the first shelf I keep my most used eye bases. This is Urban Decay's Primer Potion in Eden and Mac Paint Pot in Bare Study.
- The middle compartment contains my face primer (Laura Mercier Primer), foundation (Chanel Perfection Luminére) and concealer (Bobbi Brown creamy concealer duo).
- The last compartment is home to my under-eye concealer (Bare Minerals Well-Dressed), gel eyeliner (Maybelline Gel eyeliner) and a mini setting spray (Urban Decay All Nighter).
The Second Shelf
- This contains a setting powder I'm trying to finish (MAC MSF in Natural)
- A highlighter (MAC MSF in Redhead)
- A powder compact (Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte)
The Third Shelf
- The final shelf contains one of my favourite blushes (Benefit Dandelion)
- My brow kit (Urban Decay Brow Box)
- A pencil sharpener duo (Urban Decay Grind House)
- A little pot of concealer I'm trying to finish (MAC Studio Fix Concealer - I Back2Mac'd the original container!)
- 2 pencil eyeliners (Urban Decay 27/7 eyeliners)
- Finally 2 mascaras (Maybelline Cat Eyes and Falsies)
And that is what I will reach for most days. Obviously I change things like what blush or highlighter I will use but it's handy to have go to ones ready at hand. I don't have any eyeshadows in there because for one thing they won't fit and also I change what I shadow I use every day.
See anything that's also a staple of yours?