Sunday, January 1, 2012

Products I am looking forward to 2012 edition

Happy 2012! I decided to do a fun little post about what new beauty products I'm looking forward to trying this year.

Most of the items are from new collections that are coming out very soon. I'll start with nail ones!

OPI


The Nicki Minaj collection. This is a 6 piece collection and I suppose it is on a similar vein to the Katy Perry collection which was released at the same time last year. Black shatter was introduced to us with that collection and there is a plum coloured shatter included in this collection. I've heard that this is probably going to be the last shatter going to be released by OPI. I can't say that I'll be picking it up myself, I bought the original shatter and while I really like that I just was never that enamoured with all the coloured shatters that started doing the rounds. As for the colours from the collection I like all of them, there are three cremes and two glitters, including a bar glitter! I don't have any bar glitters! More than likely I will pick up all of these, the only possible exception being the grey black glitter one as it looks very similar to the recently realeased Tinsel Town from the China Glaze Let it Snow Holiday collection. I'll decide once I see some swatches and comparisons!


The other OPI collection that I'm excited for is the main Spring/Summer 2021 collection which is called the Holland collection. No joke I think I'm going to have to get this entire collection. From what I've seen so far, it is a superb collection and definitely the best main OPI collection that I've been aware of, since I became interested in their newly released collections. And that's me still in my newbie state! 6 of the colours are beautiful cremes and the other 6 have gorgeous flecks of glitter going through them! I don't think the collection is out until February but I can't wait to get my paws on them!

China Glaze


The Prism Collection is being released for Spring 2012 and it is a 6 piece collection.The stock pictures seem to show that they are holographic glitters - should be fun!



Another China Glaze collection that I'm looking forward to is The Hunger Games - Colours from the Capitol collection. I've read the book series and can't wait for the film, so I think it's only natural that I'm looking forward to the nail varnish collection! I think this collection has a great range of shades but the ones that I'm looking forward to most are Smoke and Ashes, Electrify and Luxe and Lush.

Essie

Essie's Spring 2012 collection looks very promising as well. It contains 3 brights and 3 lights and one of the shades called Navigate Her looks to be the most amazing pistachio green!

Chanel 

Oh how I blame Sarah from Saloule for my interest in Chanel's nail varnish! I  avoided them for as long as I could but once Péridot came under my radar, I succumbed. There are 3 fabulously bright nail varnishes out for Spring 2012 named April, May and June and the colours are gloriously happy. I want them all but I don't know yet if I can warrant getting the lot so if I had to pick a favourite it would be June.


Image Source
Another Chanel release that I'm looking forward to is their new foundation, the Perfection Lumiére which is supposed to be the replacement for Pro Lumiére. I've tried Vitalumiére Aqua before and I really liked it but I think I'm going to try this new one as I've heard such great things about it. That it's suitable for different skin types and leaves a lovely finish. It's released in Ireland on January 13th I believe, so not too much longer to wait now!

MAC
There's no way I couldn't be excited about some of the gazillion upcoming MAC collections! Some of the ones that I'm looking forward to the most is the Naturally collection, Iris Apfel collection, Shop Shop Shop/ Cook Cook Cook collection and the Mac for Chen Man collection.

Out of all those, I'm really excited for the return of the Tendertones in the Shop Shop Shop/ Cook Cook Cook collection as there seems to be a lot of love for that product and I'm excited to try it out for myself!

Revlon
Lip Butters! I'm sure you have all read about them on American blogs or YouTube videos. They're basically a tinted lip balm and I want to try some so bad! I believe they're being released here in March so I'm glad that we're actually going to be getting them!

Urban Decay
The Naked 2 is being released! Yay! Do I need it if I have the original Naked? Probably not, but i'm still excited

Clarisonic
Now this is certainly not a new product but I hope to get one at some stage this year so I'm looking forward to trying it out and hopefully it will work as well as people say it does!

What new products or collections are you looking forward to this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...