Sunday, May 1, 2011

Review: Too Faced Natural Eye Palette


Straight up I love this palette. The colours are fabulous, the colour pay-off is superb and the palette itself is the perfect compact, versatile travelling palette.

The palette comes with a total of 9 colours - 3 main colours which are larger than the other 6.


My favourite eyeshadow was Silk Teddy, a peach infused light eyeshadow which glided on like butter and had a gorgeous shimmer sheen. The one beneath it, Nude Beach was similar but had a lot more chunky style glitter. All the darker browns (the three vertical ones on the very right) were gorgeous and well pigmented. The three vertical colours in the middle, were beautiful. The top one, Velvet Revolver, is matte shadow, Push-Up is a fantastic crease colour and Honey Pot was like gilded gold, really vibrant.


It also comes with 3 little 'how-to' cards which details three looks that can be created with this palette.
A Day look, a Classic look and a Fashion look. This, I think makes it ideal for beginners who are unsure of how to put different eyeshadows together. It makes it very simple until you gain enough confidence to mess around with the colours and create your own look.



For the purpose of the review, I created the 3 looks that comes with the palette, just to see how they turned out. In all of the looks I used the original urban decay primer potion, urban decays 24/7 eyeliner in zero on the upper waterline and Maybellines Falsies mascara.

The first look I re-created was the Day look. It turned out extremely natural. Personally for me, it was a bit too natural but for younger girls or people who don't like to wear too much make-up this look is perfect and very subtle.




The next look was the Classic look. Again this is obviously a neutral look but this one is definitely more my kind of natural look.





The final look was the Fashion look. To me this was a bit of an extreme natural look but I loved it! Although putting it on at 7:00am the morning I was testing it out, I was a bit like whoa!



(Apologies for the bad photos here and for the wonky looking eyes?!lol!)

Overall, this palette is fantastic. I've used it nearly every day since I've got it, either by itself or in conjunction with some other eyeshadows depending on what look I was creating. I bought this as replacement of the Urban Decay Naked palette which I haven't been able to find yet and while I'll still be buying it when I eventually find it, it will have to be pretty spectacular to out win this Too Faced palette.
However, for all the gushing of this palette and all the pros it has, there was one small con in it. That was the eyeshadow fallout of some of the colours. Not a huge deal but a downside none the less.
At the same time I wouldn't hesitate re-purchasing the palette. If you've been dying to try the naked palette definitely give this one a shot, you won't be disappointed!

4 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for a review of this for ages so thank you for indulging me. :D I ordered the Naked palette this morning and I still plan on buying this, I'm shameless! Haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! I love the look of this palette! It looks quite similar to the Naked palette though? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I'm so glad you've managed to find the naked palette - jealous! Haha, I'm shameless as well that even though I have this I'm still going to get the naked palette:D My excuse is that you will always use neutrals! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca, thanks:) Yep, although I never seen the naked palette in person, I do believe that it's it dupe, just with less eyeshadows:) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...