Monday, January 24, 2011

IsaDora Graffiti

I was aware that Barry M used to/still do a crackle/shatter coat, as well as OPI and China Glazes upcoming collection but when I saw these 'Graffiti' ones by IsaDora, in all different colours, I just had to buy one!

There wasn't too many left in the pharmacy where I bought them, so I had the choice between green, yellow and white. I went with the green, called Subway Green, simply because I liked it more. They also had some base coats for sale in a decent variety of colours including a very pretty powder blue.

It said on the label that came with the graffiti topcoat, to use it over one of their base coats but I took a chance that it would work over any nail varnish and purchased it on it's own.

I decided to apply it over OPI's Alpine Snow, just to help it stand out. And I love the way they work together. The application was okay. I've never used a crackle/shatter/graffiti topcoat before so maybe I was applying it wrong but it took me two coats to get this effect. The first coat didn't shatter too well and pretty much just left swipe marks. Possibly the alpine snow wasn't dry enough?



Overall though I loved it. I didn't mind having to put on the two coats of it and what I love is that it comes in different colours compared to the black shatter by OPI, which is obviously just black.



If you want a shatter topcoat that's a bit livelier, definitely check the Graffiti topcoats out! (Even my cat likes it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...