Wednesday, April 20, 2011

TAG: 10 Things I Love

Firstly, a big hello to all my new followers (and to my older ones!) I seem to have accumulated a good few of ye over the last few days, so thank you so much for following and welcome to my little blog:)

I was tagged to do this by the lovely Laura over at FitznBitz. (Check her blog out it's great!)

The purpose of this tag is to name 10 random things that you love. A way of getting to know each other better I suppose:) I'm not going to name obvious things such as my family and friends because I do of course love them! This is just more, perhaps material things. Also, I didn't include make-up because I felt that seeing as that's what my blog is based around, it is fairly obvious that I do in fact love make-up!

So lets get started!

1. Animals



                                                           white-tigers-fierce-animals.jpg.jpeg



I absolutely adore animals, I have since I was a very young child. They're very special to me and I value them so much. Currently, I have 2 cats and 2 dogs but I have a list as long as my arm of creatures I want to add to the brood whenever I get my own house! If I was really pushed, I'd have to say that between cats and dogs, my favourite would be cats. I have a soft spot for pretty much every animal but some of them that I really love are greyhounds, german shepards, maine coon's, tigers and pigs.I also have a soft spot for giraffes and monkeys - gorillas in particular. (Obviously I don't plan on actually owning any of the wildlife animals!)

2. Reading
                                                          imgres.jpg


One of my favourite pastimes. Unfortunately, I don't have time to read as much as I used to but I love nothing more than getting lost in a good book. And as well as bringing a pile of books with me no matter where I go on holidays, I always end up coming home with at least 5 or 6 more! And nearly break my shoulder as I have to put them in my hand luggage as I don't want to add any more kg to my main luggage (as it's generally stuffed!).

3. Raspberries

                                                           red-raspberries-636.jpg


I'm a a big fan of fruit and vegetables (I think I must have been the only child who willingly ate broccoli) but I really love raspberries. I love how they're sweet but tart at the same time. They are really expensive here out of season but Tesco have the nicest frozen ones ever. I always have a couple of packets in the freezer. In winter I like to add them to porridge and in summer they are good with yoghurt. Or by themselves of course!



4. 4od  


imgres.jpg












I love 4od for catching up on programmes I've missed. Especially the comedy shows - The I.T. Crowd, The Inbetweeners and Friday Night Dinner to name but a few. Instant comedy at your fingertips!


5. Baking 

imgres.jpg

Unfortunately I haven't been baking too much lately but I enjoy it so much. Decorating cakes, buns and biscuits. Creating themes at Christmas or personalising them for people's birthdays. I love everything about it - Finding new recipes, gathering ingredients, the smells and of course the taste! Can't wait until I have more time to start baking again.

6. The Sea 
Source: My Image

I can see the Atlantic Ocean from my bedroom window and I can't imagine not living near the sea. I feel secure beside it, like I can escape anytime I want to or something. I love the smell of the sea air and the rush of a gust of wind on a stormy day. The sound of waves crashing against the rocks at night is one of the most relaxing and peaceful sounds I know.

7. Earrings 

imgres.jpg

I have a huge collection of earrings. Huge. My love of them probably started when I was in about 2nd year of school and I got my ears pierced for the 2nd time (remember that trend...) And the collection just kept building. At my last count around 1.5 years ago, I had just over 100 pairs and thats not including studs! And it has definitely grown since then.

8. Stationary

imgres.jpg


It was always my favourite part of going back to school. Getting new notebooks, folders, pens and pencil cases.  I think I like it so much because it allows my organisational freak nature shine!:p It's something that I'm really going to miss now that I'm nearly finished college:( It's not going to stop me though, I'll always have room for stationary in my life!

9. My Phone

iphone_lge.png

I don't mind spending a lot of money on something like a laptop but I drew the line at the ridiculous amount of money required to buy an iPhone. Since they first came out I always thought that they were really cool but never thought I'd get one. My parents knew that I liked them and treated me to the iPhone 4 for my 21st. <3 It is amazing, I never thought I could love a phone as much as I love my iPhone but sadly I do. It's great for multi-tasking. It has an iPod and a surprisingly good camera not to mention all the really useful apps. I would be lost without it at this stage. (That's actually scary:o)

10.  Airports

imgres.jpg

This is a bit of a strange one as everybody else I know hates airports. But I love them. Even if I'm waiting there for hours, I love just chilling out watching people bustling by. I think it's the atmosphere, it's so frenzied but it just gives me a burst of excitement. It doesn't matter if I'm going on holidays or coming home, I still love it. It helps that I enjoy flying I suppose! 


So that's my top 10 loves of my life. 




Rules of the tag

1) State who gave you this award in your post

2) State 10 things that you love 
3) Tag 10 other bloggers, listing them at the end of the post, and notify them 



If I haven't tagged you specifically, please feel free to do the tag anyway! 

IMAGES: All images are from google images apart from the image of the sea which is my own and the image of the iPhone which is from o2.ie

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the mention, so sweet!
    Hopefully I'll get around to doing one - thinking of 10 things is actually pretty difficult eh?

    Happy Easter, thanks again x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem hun! It is actually really difficult! I had to spend a couple of days really thinking about it:D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so funny that you said Airports - my small man LOVES Airports, well I know a lot of kids do but he really gets so excited about them!! I like em to, cept when i'm saying bye to someone!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea saying goodbye in them is the only bad thing about airports:( But think about when you'll be welcoming them home again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww thanks :) i'll have to do this one when i stop being so lazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!!
    Nice blog honey...I'm a new follower!!
    http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...